Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finding the Good

My past couple weeks have consisted of four cases of pink eye, one ear infection, and one severe case of strep throat.  Jackson missed out on his class photo.  Molly missed out on her Valentine's day party.  So....I have been thinking about my past couple weeks.  Yes.  They have been awful and most people would say I have the right to be grumpy and irritable.  But, as I drove home from the store with my Lysol spray and Clorox bleach, I had a thankful heart.  I am healing.  My children will heal.  Today I will work very hard, but, by the end of today, my house may be as sanitary as it has ever been. :)  A thankful heart truly is a happy heart.  If things just aren't going your way, find GOOD!  It may take some hunting, but there is goodness to be found in your life.  Find God's blessings in your life.  Do you have a roof over your head?  Food in your fridge?  Someone to give you a hug when your day just stinks?  Kids, with gross eyes, that hate the fact that they can't give their brother or sister a hug because they just love them so much?

Thankful hearts can be as contagious as pink eye. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment